Are you planning a vacation or trip with your pet, there are certain things you have to consider. Some dog owners think that traveling with their dog can be challenging, but It’s not; all you have to do is to do proper planning. First, know where you are going to, how far is the trip from home, research if there is any vet along the road. Next, How do you decide to travel ( by road, train or air).
So many dog owners see that pet as part of the family, so that’s why they love traveling with their dog when traveling first research on the pet-friendly hotel (hotels that can accommodate your dog), not every hotel allows a pet. If you’re traveling by air, also book your flight on pet-friendly airlines where they make special arrangements for pets.
Many dog owners like traveling on the road with their canine friends sitting next to them. Many dogs are very comfortable while going in vehicles; even for long-distance, they sit calmly and quiet during traveling, unlike other dogs that will be anxious whenever they want to travel. You can train your anxious dog so he can start enjoying the car ride. Start with a shorter trip, until he is very comfortable with it, offer your dog treats and vocal praise whenever he feels comfortable in the vehicle, this tells him that he has done well.
Tips To Make Traveling More Comfortable And More Fun For Both You And Your Dog.
1. Be sure to see your vet before any trip; this allows you to know if your dog is having any health problem and will make you more cautious during traveling. Make sure all your dog vaccinations are up to date and take the certificates along with you.
2. Before traveling, provide a proper identification tag for your dog, this tag will include your phone number, number of any relatives, house address. This allows them to reach you if your dog gets lost easily.
3. Always keep your dog crated if you are traveling with him. This helps both you and your dog and make the traveling more enjoyable. The crate should be properly ventilated and big enough for the dog to turn around, stand, and lie down.
4. Bring your favorite dog food, treat, and water with you when traveling. You don’t have to change your dog diet because it can cause diarrhea making the trip unpleasant for you and him.
5. Make sure you get a sturdy leash and collar before traveling and use it whenever your pup is outside. If you have not yet leashed train your dog, you have to do that traveling.
6. When traveling, try to stop after some time and allow your dog to relieve himself and get some exercise. This is important if you will be traveling for days, or you will be spending the most time in a hotel room where his opportunities to exercise is limited.
7. No matter where you are, try to clean your dog.
8. Always plan. If you will staying in a hotel, make sure your dog is welcome, and ask the management for rules, so you won’t be breaking any rules once you get there to ask where can you walk your dog.
9. Check if there re dog sitting facilities in the hotel when planning your trip. These facilities allow you to enjoy a little sightseeing or a meal with your canine friend present.
10. Be sure to include your favorite dog toys and his grooming supplies when packing. These familiar things make him more comfortable when traveling.
You can do some little research about places and attractions to take your dog to for some exercise. Even jogging with him will make him stay fit and burn up those energy stored in him while traveling in the car or the hotel room. Bringing the right things for your dog will allow your traveling to be fun and relaxing.